(keep reading for a giveaway at the end of the post!)
I've been wanting to write this post for such a long time. What I'm writing about in this post means a lot to me and has influenced my writing in ways I didn't know was possible.
So, what am I going to be writing about?
GO TEEN WRITERS. If you're not aware, Go Teen Writers is a blog that provides honesty, encouragement, and community for teen writers. (it's great for writers of all ages, though.) Everyone should go check out the blog right now, because honestly? It's probably what kept me writing.
I first stumbled upon the blog on April 3rd, 2014. So this is basically the two-year anniversary of my love for them. (hence the appreciation post. HA.)
I still follow and read the wonderful blog, but Go Teen Writers means so much more than just amazing writing articles. I became part of the Facebook group, and that's where I met all my writing friends.
Go Teen Writers has inspired me to...
- ...to start a blog.
- ...to keep up a blog.
- ...to continue writing even when it isn't working.
- ...to finish my first novel.
- ...edit my first novel.
Go Teen Writers has taught me...
- ...that I'm not the only teen writer.
- ...to be an encouragement to other writers. <3
- ...about the awesome NaNoWriMo events.
- ...the importance of writing friends.
- ...about the lovely world of YA books. I DIDN'T REALIZE THERE WERE SO MANY WONDERFUL BOOKS.
Go Teen Writers has connected me with SO many other teen writers...
- Athelas and Alea are the first Go Teen Writers I ever connected with, which is pretty special.
- Rosalie, the super kind writer I met at Realm Makers. She is so encouraging and lovely.
- Kristana, who's declared herself my internet 'mother.' She sends me messages all the time which is just the sweetest.
- Aimee, (my #10k1day buddy and writer of the best books ever)who I'M GOING TO MEET IN JUNE AND LET ME FREAK OUT FOR SEVERAL THOUSAND MOMENTS.
- Hannah, my ENFP, sister, writer, and word war buddy WHO I AM ALSO GOING TO MEET IN JUNE SO LET ME FREAK OUT SOME MORE.
So, basically, Go Teen Writers means a lot to me. They kept me writing and editing and blogging when I wanted to give up.
You want to be done with the cheesiness and get onto the giveaway? Let's do it.
Since this is a Go Teen Writers appreciation post, I'm giving away a shiny, new copy of the book Go Teen Writers. (link leads to Goodreads) This book is just amazing. It gives great information about everything that has to do with writing a book from the beginning draft to the publication process.
And this giveaway is like a THANK YOU giveaway to all you epic readers, because you all make me so happy. <3
ABOUT THE BOOK:
The question we hear most from new writers is, “How do I get published?”
And the answer is: Respect your dream.
Every writer’s journey is different, yet as we’ve reflected on our experiences and those of the writers around us, we've seen time and time again that those who are successful are the ones who had the patience and endurance to stick with this writing thing. They didn't look for shortcuts (at least, not for long), nor did they quit after five, ten, or one hundred rejections.We can’t make the process easy for you, but it’s our hope that this book will be a tool you can turn to time and time again when you’re thinking, “Okay … what’s next?”
Includes tips for:
Getting published, finding the right agent, book surgery, thicker plots, deeper characters, richer settings, weaving in theme, and dealing with people who don't get your writing
-And I'm sorry... but this is not international. Unless you're fine with a Kindle copy. ;)
The giveaway will end on April 22. (2016, in case you weren't sure.) It gives you plenty of time to enter and share wildly. *cough* :P