Firmament Radialloy Review

Monday, October 20, 2014
I have another review for y'all today!

--------------------

Radialloy
 
The year is 2320. Andi Lloyd is content with her life as the assistant to her adoptive father, a starship doctor, but her secure world turns upside down when she begins uncovering secrets from her past.

When her father mysteriously starts losing his mind, she finds that she can no longer count on him to guide or help her.

With mutiny breaking out on the ship, and two factions desperate for a valuable secret she holds, she must race to save her father and herself before time runs out.









--------------------

I only reread books that I really love. Life is too short to be wasted on mediocre books, so when I find a great one, I use up the extra time to enjoy it for a second time.

Radialloy was one of those book that met my reread "standards." When I heard that book three out of eighteen (yes, eighteen) was coming out on October 23rd, I once more had to envelop myself in the wonderful story Grace had written.

When I was reading it for a second time, I knew that I wanted to write a review for it. Reviews are hard for me. How do I sum up all the things I love into a few short paragraphs? It's difficult to describe feelings that books evoke. I laughed at witty dialogue. I grew tense in dangerous situations. I hated the villain. I loved the heroes.

Being a person who never read Sci-Fi before the Firmament series, I had no idea what to expect. Sure, I've watched Star Wars and some Star Trek, but have never found an author who writes clean, Christian, Science Fiction. Needless to say, I loved it. After reading it, I immediately handed it to my sister. I think she may have even enjoyed it more than I did, for now she is writing Sci-Fi stories after gathering inspiration from Firmament.

The writing was well done and easy to follow. In my opinion, I would've liked a little more description in some places, but the plot didn't suffer.

And speaking of the plot...  *grins* Make sure you have a lot of time when you read this book. There are so many mysteries involved. Radialloy is definitely a page turner that will keep you awake if read at night. I do believe my mouth dropped open when certain things were revealed.

I adored each of the characters in their own special way. Andi was a main character that I could relate to, and at many times thought to myself while reading, "I would feel the same way, or act the same way as she does in that situation." And although I did not relate to the character Crash (I love that name) at all, I found him quite amusing.

And best of all, this was a Christian book. (Yay!) Grace makes a big point of God being the focus of the book, and with the character's lives.  I am looking forward to reading all the Firmament books!







--------------------

The third book in the series is being released on Thursday! I am super-duper excited. :)
You can buy the book HERE on Amazon.

Byeeee!
- Katie

(Share this post!)
Facebook Google+ Pinterest Twitter

4 comments :

  1. I love this book! I'm so looking forward to getting the third book! =D Have you read her book "Never"? =) Are you on goodreads?
    -Mikayla-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is awesome. I'll order the third as soon as I get a chance. :)
      I have not, actually. Did you like it?
      I am! If you are, I'll make sure to add you as a friend. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I really liked it. I think Never was her best book, even though I loved her other books. =)
      Well, I looked you up on goodreads and friended you so all you have to do is accept my friend request. =)
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
    3. Perfect! I accepted your friendship. :)
      I'll definitely have to read it, them.

      Delete

don't be shy to hang out in the comment section!
make frens, check back for my replies, keep things clean, shout about pizza, squeal about books, moan about editing... all that cool stuff.